SkippersMate New Zealand is an NZ GST registered store like any other NZ retailer.
What this means is that we collect the GST and submit payment to Inland Revenue. You the buyer have no other charges apart from the published item price which includes 15% GST and Free Shipping.
NEW ZEALAND KTi PLB BUYERS - NEW ZEALAND CODED BEACON...
10 Year Battery and 10 Year Warranty...
THINK SAFETY FIRST - no one does it better than KTI Australia!
Australian Designed and Manufactured with 10 Year battery and warranty.
The KTI Safety Alert Worldwide use Personal Locator Beacon - PLB features 6 independent means of rescue:
- 406MHz Transmission
- GPS Location
- 121.5MHz Homing Signal
- Visual Strobe
New Zealand 512 UIN Coded
Keep Yourself Safe in New Zealand and Worldwide!
- Unique 10 year battery replacement interval, 20 year life, 10 year warranty
- W: 64mm, D: 31mm H: 88mm
- Weight, 140 grams
- Minimum 24 hour continuous transmission time once activated (never switch off until told to do so by rescue authorities)
- 66 channel GPS (3 metre accuracy) This GPS location is updated and transmitted directly to the world wide satellite distress network every five minutes
- Transmits a 121.5 MHz signal for rapid homing by aircraft or New Zealand land search and rescue teams
- Subscription free and communications directly to national SAR authorities worldwide
- Salt water corrosion resistant to 3 metres for 1 hour duration
- Self buoyant without the need for external flotation pouch
- Non hazmat battery, safe for air transport
- High-intensity LED strobe
- Supplied with Neoprene Sports Armband Pouch, Marine Neoprene Belt Loop Pouch, HD Polyester Belt Loop Pouch, retention lanyard, whistle and lanyard.
SkippersMate longtime suppliers of KTi NZ GPS PLB Beacons
Warranty Information10 year Battery & Warranty
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Obviously not used yet but seems to be a good unit with a 10 year battery expiry which is good. Comes with a decent selection of good quality pouches for various setups. Best price for a PLB in NZ. At this price it's cheap insurance. Delivery was a little bit delayed due to coming from Australia but there was good communication throughout. This is the second of these units I have bought. Would certainly recommend to others
Plastic shield over emergency button is too flexible and could be depressed accidentally but I have mine in an aluminium sleeve that prevents this.
Price and long battery life a plus
Fantastic product. Works very well in steep rugged bush in New Zealand. Worked so well I brought another one to make sure both of my boys carry one on their person. This is a product you buy thinking you will never use it, but after breaking my ankle during a hunting trip I was incredibly glad to have it. My unit saved me from a potentially harrowing ordeal and possible further injury. The rescue coordination centre rang my wife, gave her my exact gps coordiates and dispatched a helicopter with paramedic and crewman. I was winched out of the bush and was in hospital within three hours of my injury. In the case of serious injury, that would be the difference between life and death.
The kti plb has superior battery life and the ability to have the battery changed after 10 years giving the product a 20 year lifespan. Good for the environment and the wallet. It is small, light and robust, important features for hunters and hikers. If you are going places where it is hard to get help you need to carry one of these.
Thanks for the prompt service especially so close to Christmas. SA2GN arrived in NZ very fast very pleased with quality and price will definitely recommend you.
I am so please with the person beacon and the time it arrive was great hope I done have to use it
7 Jun 2019 (6:21pm)